Sunday, January 03, 2010

Well, Thanksgiving weekend started off with a bang with another round of the stomp rocket. Seriously people, everyone should have one of these.
This year, my uncle Billy, aunt Kristen and cousins Jamie and Katie flew down from Minnesota for the holiday. Grandma and Grandpa came down too (and they got to fly on Southwest!). Uncle Billy brought me a football. Too bad I preferred to throw it at the "ghost" player, ie no one. So, football is not my game.
We had food galore. No joke, there was a major meal everyday. Thanksgiving was, well, Thanksgiving. Friday was a fish fry. And here, Grandma is preparing Sauerbraten - which takes several days because a huge hunk of beef is soaked in vinegar for 3 days, etc. etc. etc. It was so delicious though.
Papa did a great job with the fish fry! Every time he does a fish fry, it gets better. Lots of fish that dada caught, fresh shrimp, potatoes, hush puppies.....oh yea!
The weather was so amazing, we took a long walk on the beach one day.
Katie even brought Mac along. She is really good to him.
My cousins, Jamie and Katie.
Grandpa wasn't sure about a long walk, so he followed along in the golf cart.
Uncle Billy and Aunt Kristen, still in love after, well, let's just say it's been A LOT of years. Hahahah.
Jamie took a ride with Grandpa too.
Not the fanciest Thanksgiving table, but the food was so good, and there was so much of it! It was neat to sit outside too. We were so glad to have our family in town, plus lots of our beach neighbors. That's what it's all about.
Even Zoe came over to hang out. Sweet Zoe.
On Saturday, we were getting a little island stir crazy, so we went over to Galveston to visit Moody Gardens.
Grandma took a bunch of food along so that we could feed the seagulls. I had so much fun feeding them, I did the seagull dance, which is why Grandpa and Katie are laughing at me.
The fam, minus dada (taking the picture) outside Moody Garden.
Mama and I checked out the sea star, and then I was bad so they put me in jail. Just kidding, I was in the shark cage!When we got back to the beach house, we flew a kite. Mama forgot how fun it is to fly kites. It was a pretty sunset too.
Jamie and Katie had fun flying kites too, so we sailed them into the night. I love my cousins!
It was so great to have the family in town for Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for coming -- can't wait for Christmas next year!

No comments: