Monday, July 30, 2007

First dip in the sea - Crystal Beach, Texas
Last week Ga, dada and I went to the beach to visit La Rue and her crew. After getting my gratis heart check-up by Saudi (La Rue's son in law), pediatrician cardiologist extraordinaire, who brought his stethoscope all the way from St. Louis to make sure my ticker works right, dada and I went for a dip in the ocean.
The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.
I got about fifty feet out and suddenly a great beast appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great fish...you know the rest...I even found time for a ride in the boat. Aye, aye captain!

No comments: