Sunday, April 04, 2010

Beach weekend with the family
The whole family was at the beach for the weekend, and I ate it up. I asked Grandpa to read me my favorite book, Mater's Tall Tales, when I was taking a break from running up and down the entire length of the porch with my CAT truck.
The houses are really starting to come back at the beach. We were excited because we got to watch the house right across the way have an official wall-raising, and Papa even helped.
It's so good to see all the new houses being built after Ike - there were none after the hurricane. Now, if only we can get that rotten Fema trailer out of the subdivision. Don't worry, we're working on it.
And more building! And one trailer gone! Victory.
I had Grandpa wrapped around my finger. He played match em up cards with me and he played boats on the roaring sea. It wasn't easy with his poor hand all wrapped up, but he made do.
It was windy, but sunny, so I went outside to do some digging.
When we got back to Katy, I discovered that the Easter bunny had come early (since Grandma and Grandpa were in town, and they can't resist a chance to spoil me).
I got all kinds of cool loot, including these very fun rabbits driving a dump truck, a roller, an excavator and a bulldozer. How cool is that? Where does Grandma find these things? I also got a Zhue Zhue pet that cracks me up, and silly putty too. I love to press it on newspaper and see the letters on the putty. This picture also shows the nasty boo-boo on my nose. I was playing in Papa's trailer (which is now off limits) when I tripped and banged my nose on the side of the trailer -- mama was sure I was going for my fourth (yes, fourth) trip to the ER because there was lots of blood immediately, but it stopped pretty quickly and I was asking for treats from Ga.
Grandma gets a kick out of me, can you tell? I eat up all this attention!

No comments: