Monday, June 22, 2009

At my buddy Jackson's birthday party, I convinced mama to rally dada to buy me a playground for the backyard.  I even promised not to jump off my "pirate ship", and no one is surprised that I broke that promise within 10 minutes of this one being set up in the yard.  Yep, off the 4th, then 5th step I jumped.  I was just fine, too. 
The family loves to hang out in our backyard now - with the covered porch, bountiful garden, and this swing.  I'm all about the swing, logging plenty of frequent flyer miles. 
I love climbing up, and down, the rock wall.  I also like to fish off the side of the wall - I'm getting good at reeling, like my dada. 
And dada is getting good at sliding. 
Taking a break for driving my pirate ship and looking for barges, sail boats, ferries and other water transport. 
I was not great at sliding at first (I leaned forward picking up major speed and landing me on my bottom), but I've gotten the hang of it now.  
My hands are finally big enough to let me hang - I used to not be able to at my Little Gym classes.  
We invited the Byman family over to play one afternoon, except that no one woke me up from my nap.  Bummer.  But at least Luke got to be the head pirate for the afternoon.

No comments: