Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Eve
Today was sledding day. I'd been hearing all about this sledding thing for weeks -- mama read books, grandma talked about it on the phone, but it's one of those things you have to experience. Jamie pulled me on the sled to the hill, so I could conserve my energy.

This is it, the neighborhood sled hill. It shoots down fast, bumpy, through a tunnel of lake reeds, and then out on the frozen lake, covered by snow.
Grandpa gave me a pep talk for my first ride.
Then Katie pushed me and Uncle Billy DOWN THE HILL!!!!Weeee, all the way on to the lake.
I survived my first sled run!
Mama, not so much.
After sledding, we walked over to the playground. It's a little strange having to wade through 8 inches of snow to play...
Carry me, mama!
After lunch, chill time, and Church (where I got to very slightly misbehave in front of my Uncle Billy who is an assistant pastor during Christmas Eve service, hehehehe), we opened presents, except for those from Santa, which come on Christmas day, of course.
Grandpa out did himself once again this Christmas. He made the ladies amazing beach glass jewelry; meemaw's bracelet is actually made from stones from their trip to Italy this year. Mama got another amazing iridescent turned wood bowl. Dada got grandpa's first endeavor at a nutcracker, which is absolutely incredible. And, I got a beautiful fish puzzle. Grandpa is Santa's best elf. Uncle Billy had fun buying for his nephew, including a hockey stick and jersey for the Minnesota Wild. Ya never know...
Jamie and Katie had their socks knocked off by their gift, the Wii. Fun for the whole family. Mama is the #1 bowler, even if dada wins sometimes.
Even Lefty dog had a good Christmas. Bones, chew toys and all.

No comments: