Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas, 2008
This year, mama, dada and I took an airplane from an airport to Minneapolis to visit Uncle Billy, Aunt Kristen, Jamie, and Katie; and meemaw and grandpa drove in from Chicago. Two years ago, the party was in Texas. This year, things were a little colder. The trip started with a bumpy ride from the parking lot to the airport (barf), learning of an extra $45 dollars each way on Northwest for 3 suitcases, followed by a several hour delay. Yeh. Then, to top it all off, the only restaurant, if you can call it that, that was open THE SATURDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS in this terminal was, ugh, McDonalds. I ate my first nuggets and fries. Mama and dada too. This was the day "nasty" was added to my vocabulary, to my parent's dismay.

Brrrr. And when we finally got to Minnesota, it was an 80 degree temperature swing from Houston. 75 to -5. Luckily grandma and Uncle Billy met us in a heated car at the airport with coat, hat and gloves. On the way from the airport, and the rest of the trip, I was on the lookout for---snowplows!

No comments: