Monday, April 23, 2007

I guess the shirt says it all. My daddy tested for his 5th degree black belt on Friday. Mama, Ga, Pawpaw and I went to watch.
I gave daddy a pep talk before he began his testing.

Watching daddy sit up tall and wait for his turn to test. He's the guy in the middle of the picture. All these people in white uniforms...

Daddy worked very hard at his testing, and we are all very proud of him. During his third of four sparring sessions, he kicked some guy in the back of his head, but, it was too high and daddy ended up pulling his hamstring, bad (the bruise is NASTY). Daddy made a valiant effort to continue fighting, and even broke all his boards at four board breaking stations (the picture above is one station). Even though daddy was hurt, he fought very hard, and some (like mama) would say he was better than the guys that weren't hurt. It's going to be a slow road to recovery, but we know daddy will do it. Below is a video of sparring session one. Daddy's the one in the red helmet.




1 comment:

Alden Family said...

Proud of you guys! Angus, I'm sure you did great on your belt testing and Farrell, you know I would love to have finished the MS150! What a great accomplishment! I miss you guys, and hope to get the kiddos together soon.