Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet, sweet mama.  She really does love me, even though after this picture was taken, she sliced my left index finger open....yea, she was cutting up watermelon for me and my friends the Carrs, who were coming down to visit us at the beach for the day, when I came up right behind her and grabbed for a piece on the counter.  Just that fast (snap fingers here), mama sliced my finger open. I only cried for a few minutes, but mama cried for 4 days, and still gets misty about it - motherhood is a great equalizer.  Anywho, mama and dada decided it was time for our third trip to the ER in 3 years, but who's counting?  Some might say it's nice to get time #3 out of the way...  So,  we drove back to Katy, went to Urgent Care, and I got three stitches in my finger - ugly black thread, stinging needle, and wrapped up in a sheet like a convict to try to keep me still.  I was mad, mad, mad and sweat like a stuck pig.  I quickly got over it though, and the stitches were taken out today and all is well.  In fact, I'm wondering what I can do to get myself "hurt" again, so I can keep up the toy-a-day treatment from my family!  Just kidding, really I am, I think.  

No comments: