Monday, June 29, 2009

The next person to say monkies jumpin' on the bed is in trouble.
On May 5, I was having a little too much fun jumping on Ga's bed, so I flopped on my belly, but the headboard got in the way. Mama and Ga knew right away it would require a trip to the ER (we'll leave out the blood and gore), so they gathered bear and pass and we got into the car. Luckily, dada pulled in the driveway right after us, so we all headed to the ER as a family. It was impossibly crowded with the swine flu sickies, yet we still had to wait an hour and a half to see someone who said we'd see some other person in another hour and a half, when we finally got into a room. The nurse set me up with Finding Nemo on a DVD player. I watched 7/8 of it before the P.A. came in to wash my cut out, and dermabond it 3 or 100 times, which took a total of 4 minutes. Then I watched the last 1/8 of Nemo and we were discharged. What a way to spend a Tuesday night. I'm averaging a dermabonded cut per year of life (the first happened at age one when I took the dining room table out as I rounded the corner running from mama). Everyone is hoping we can break the trend this year. Still, I think the scar makes me look tough -- what do you think?

1 comment:

Funicular said...

The scar does make you look tough. But what makes you tougher is that you managed to watch 15/8 of Finding Nemo.