Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ok mama and dada, I know you planned that I would stay in the crib until you needed it for something else (another baby, perhaps), but I had other plans. When I woke up from my nap the other day, Ga found me trying to "ride" the crib like a horsey, so just like that, the famous "Elephant Bed" and a brand new mattress were set up in my room. Grandpa Hochmuth made this bed for my cousins Jamie and Katie, and now it's my turn to take a roll in the jungle.

So now I've got a mixed theme going on. A sort of "think globally, act locally" idea with the earth, elephants and cars/trucks/bull-DOE-zers.

Of course mama and dada weren't sure how it would go over with me, so they kept the crib set up, just in case.
But just like giving up the bottle was no big deal, neither was giving up the crib. I was a little unsure about the whole thing until dada showed me how to sleep in my big boy bed. After that I slept the rest of the night like a charm. If only giving up "pass" and potty training were this easy...

2 comments:

Sara Moon said...

Go Keegs! Even Lily is still in her crib and she's 3!
You rock :-)

Romy and Andrew said...

woohoo Keegan! Great job! Page gave up the bottle last month but the passie as we call it up north might be going to the prom with him!