Friday, August 01, 2008

Every year for the last three years, "Aunt" Shannon has come to Texas - when mama was prego with me, when I was almost one, and now, when I just turned two. We are long-time buds. We hung out before I was even born!

Sha, as we call her, is a pilates instructor and chiropractor in Atlanta. She is one of the only people mama knows that has a more rockin' body now than when she was in college! Sha and mama met in college - there are so many memories.
On Sunday morning, mama and Sha's college buddy Ruthie came over to visit. Ruthie and mama were in a play together in college when Ruthie was a Senior and mama was a Freshman. They kept in contact a little after graduation, but eventually lost touch. After mama got married to dada (after dating almost ten years since mama was 18 in college, dada was a junior), she began thinking about old friends from college, and Ruthie, her dear buddy, came to mind. Mama found an old email address and gave it a shot. Ruthie emailed back to say "I LIVE IN HOUSTON!!!" The rest is history. How cool is that?
While the ladies chatted it up, seriously, I kept cool with Mickey.
Eat your heart out ladies -- check out my lashes. Oh, how mama wishes she had them. I got them from dada.

And all good things have to come to an end. I hated to see these ladies go!

No comments: