Monday, April 14, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane....Last weekend, mama, dada and I took a holiday in Sarasota, Florida so that I could meet my GG (aka great grandma). She has three sons, so mama figured she wouldn't think I was too nuts. I was very good on the flight there (and very bad on the flight home - that was delayed for a couple hours because of weather - do not fly with babies at 9pm. Just don't). My uncle Billy, aunt Kristen and cousins Jamie and Katie met us there, after they spent a week at Disney for their Spring Break. Me and my GG. She loved on me as much as I'd let her, and I did let her some, considering the fact that I really don't slow down much. She had all kinds of things for me to break in her house, and mama is proud to say that not a single thing broke. Phew.
We didn't waste much time getting in the pool in GG's backyard. Mama has lots of memories of this pool from growing up. It was a little cold this time around for the Texas folks, but the group from Minnesota loved it.
On Friday night we took GG to her favorite restaurant, Bob Evans. My cousin Jamie had blueberry pancakes for dinner. I was jealous so I tried to pelt her with my broccoli from across the table. Poor Jamie.
We had to get a hotel room to sleep at because dada is really allergic to GG's cat. Unlike last time we slept at a hotel where I didn't mind being in the pack and play, this time I screamed bloody murder when mama put me in there. Mama and dada were afraid someone in the hotel would call CPS, so they got me out and I slept between them on the bed. I didn't sleep really well, and mama and dada are bruised all around from me kicking them all night long. Let me tell you, even breakfast in bed didn't make up for that rotten night's sleep! The next night was even worse, but we'll not bore you with that story.
On Saturday we went to the beach after eating breakfast at GG's house. The water was so clear and pretty, so unlike Texas' water. I could actually see my feet! My cousin Katie really enjoyed playing with me and spent a lot of time chasing me down at GG's house and at the beach.
I loved to play in the surf, but dada had to be careful that I didn't get caught in the tide and ride out to sea.
I kept yelling "big water"! "Big, big water"! I was so rambunctious that mama and dada had to take turns with me while the other one napped.
I also enjoyed the sand some, but mama's going to get me a shovel and bucket to use at the beach at Ga and Pawpaw's beach house. She bets I'll like to make sand castles!
Posing with the Hochmuths.
I must have said something funny about uncle Billy because everyone is cracking up, including me, except for uncle Billy. Mama wants to know what it was. Does anyone remember?
After a quick nap in the hotel (yeah, right), we all met up for dinner at Crow's Nest. Uncle Billy was a superstar and got us a private room so that I could run around like a nut shouting at all the boats that went by. "Big boat", "Big phisin' boat". Everything is big these days - I am a Texas boy, after all.
Mama had stone crab claws for dinner and she had to wear a bib, just like me. Her's had a lobster though, instead of Elmo, like mine. Oh, and he's "Elmo" now, not "Melmo". Mama gets a little teary when I say Elmo like a big boy.
It was so great to see everyone in Florida, especially my GG. I hope to see you soon GG, and I'll see the Hochmuths in Minnesota at Christmas. Brrr, I'm shivering just thinking about it!
On Sunday we had to pack up and get going. We made a quick stop at Mote Aquarium in Sarasota. I liked the starfish.
And the jellyfish.
But my favorite thing was the boat store next door. I kept looking for windows so that I could yell at the big boats. Mama and dada think they heard "big boat" 17000 times that day, roughly. What a great trip!

No comments: